Patch that makes leaves more appealing to break yourself, rather than waiting for them to decay naturally.
- Axes are more effective against leaf blocks
- Axes no longer take double damage against leaves
- The “fortune” enchantment increases the odds of a leaf block dropping saplings and apples
- Destroying leaf blocks manually (rather than waiting for them to decay) doubles the odds of dropping saplings and apples
- Destroying leaf blocks manually has a low chance of also dropping sticks
- Plus a bonus easter egg involving gold axes…
This is a Patch, not a Mod
It will not affect your world save
No new items or blocks will be added to your maps. This means the mod can be uninstalled, reinstalled, or MineCraft upgraded (causing the patch to automatically uninstall) without any issues.
It does not require any mod APIs
This patch modifies base classes in the MineCraft source code. No mod APIs are required to use it, nor can it be modified to use a mod API rather than modifying base classes (hooks just won’t cut it!).
Leaves Fixes Patch v1.2.5-01 (for MineCraft 1.2.5 Client)
This download is for the client version of the mod. Contact me (using either the comment form below or on GitHub) if you need the server version.
You may also like the following mods:
A collection if my personal fixes to MineCraft. I really wish these were in the real game!
Fixes the two most annoying water bugs in MineCraft!
The installation process is the same as most other MineCraft mods. See INSTALLATION (also included in the ZIP) for full installation instructions.
To recommend changes to the source code or request features
Parts of the code owned by Mojang AB (used with permission)
Parts of the code owned by Andreas Renberg (IQAndreas)
The source is open so fixes can be recommended, but any use of the source or compiled code outside of the project (including using it in other mods) is strictly prohibited.
If you want to use any part of the code in your own mods you need written permission from the author (Andreas Renberg), who can be contacted via the GitHub account “IQAndreas”.